ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
images

Box Office: $404,000,000

Representation Matters

Black Panther Smashes Records

Overseas Records

What did you guys think about this movie? Discuss your thoughts here! Those who haven't seen the movie, watch out for spoilers!

I saw the film last Saturday and I really loved it. Black Panther is still breaking records going into it's second week of release.

gokugirl2006 said:
I saw the film last Saturday and I really loved it. Black Panther is still breaking records going into it's second week of release.  

Yup! Black Panther continues to run wild and claw up the box office with its massive success [sorry for the bad pun!]. 

One of the best thing about this film is the subtle take on black issues, but it doesn't beat you over the head over it. The fact that you can actually sympathize with Killmonger [without any form of glorification by fans such as Loki] because technically speaking, he was right. And T'Challa even acknowledge that, which brought some form of conflict within himself of what's right and wrong. 

Also, it was a good casting choice for Marvel Studios and Disney to cast father and son to play old and young King C'halla, respectively. Though in the same sense, Zuri was played by Forest Whitaker, and his younger self was played by Denzel Whitaker, but they're actually not father and son (no relations, by the similarity, is definitely jarring, Ironically, Forest and Denzel were father and son in the movie, The Great Debaters).

Yes indeed. And the movie is still bringing in audiences. I'm thinking that Black Panther will go beyond it's estimated box office gross income.

Yeah, it's definitely going to generate a billion dollars once it hits China and Japan (it's reported to have earned 700 million).

Wow!! Thats tons of money! No other movie has been able to knock Black Panther from the top spot. (Week 2).

gokugirl2006 said:
Wow!! Thats  tons of money! No other movie has been able to knock Black Panther from the top spot. (Week 2).

The money are just falling out the sky for Black Panther. It now has cross over 1 Billion.

Heard about it on the news this past weekend. 1 Billion dollars or more is astounding for any movie.

gokugirl2006 said:
Heard about it on the news this past weekend. 1 Billion dollars or more is astounding for any movie.

Yup. If it has another good weekend, it will be battling for Avatar's spot for being number one at the box offices for 5 weeks in the row. 

Warner Bros should honestly feel shame of themselves if 3 BIG names, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, couldn't pull in numbers than a singular hero in their team-up Justice League film.

Hahaha! I think Warner Bros. are walking around with their tails between their legs for putting out such big named movies that couldn't do well at the box office.

Black Panther now made 1.3 billion dollars. Avengers: Infinity War seems to already surpassed BP pre-ticket sales by a large margin (which itself is a feat considering the milestone BP had created). It's a good year for Marvel and Disney.

Back
Top Bottom