Anime/Manga Recommendations

~ Z ~

Black Jacket
Some of us (like me, lol) have a bit of a hard time looking for an interesting anime or manga to pass the time. This is a thread in which you can post any manga/anime that you would recommend to the members of Boogaloo. Just make sure to let us know the genre (action, adventure, romance, comedy, etc.) I think this might narrow down a person's search if they are mostly into a certain type of genre. So go ahead and let us know what you guys would recommend!

Hunter x Hunter my personal favorite. It's about a boy who wants to get stronger and search for his father.
Genres: Action, Adventure, Shounen, Super Power.

Has some of the most epic fights I've seen in any anime.

I've seen a couple episodes of HxH and I love it! The battles are amazing and very detailed! I may not know the entire story (I'll get into it when I'm not so busy) but the fighting is enough for me to get hooked.

The only fight I saw was Ant King vs. Old man (I forgot his name. xDD)

Tadashi said:
Hunter x Hunter my personal favorite. It's about a boy who wants to get stronger and search for his father.
Genres: Action, Adventure, Shounen, Super Power.

Has some of the most epic fights I've seen in any anime.

I can concur with this. 

I also highly recommend Mob Psycho 100 if you're into "espers" and comedy, the author, is ONE, also writes OnePunch-Man.

I also agree with HxH. It's not your typical shonen series. :D

A few obvious recs are Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist..they're popular for a reason. xD

And I highly recommend Shinsekai Yori and Psycho Pass if you're looking for very well written and interesting storyline. :D Same goes for Steins;Gate but I've forgotten too much about it.. i only remember it being my fav series at some point. xD

I would like it if people read a manga called: Ookami No Kuchi: Wolfsmund.

It's a pretty graphic manga (The people who made Basilisk had a part in making this too). So if you like LOTS of death, you'd enjoy this manga. The story is something you might love or hate depending on how you stand with the main antagonist. I will not spoil anything but I will say that all the deaths in this manga build his character. Seriously, he's one of my favorites.

I definitely recommend Soul Eater; both anime and manga. 
Edit: the genres are Adventure, Shonen/Action, Fantasy, Comedy (I don't consider it one since it isn't purely comedy but that's what MAL has) and Supernatural.

I watched the anime first, and I was rather unsatisfied with the ending. But that's what motivated me to read the manga-- the story continues (and builds up a lot too!)

I recommend it for people looking for something quirky/unique in its lore, interesting battle and weapon use, with the capability of a 'serious' plot that keeps you on your seat. The music and animation itself is quite lovely too! You also can get plenty of character interaction and conflict as well. The only annoying thing would be fillerish bits in maybe 1 episode. But it may or may not make you laugh. The anime is a really good start to enjoying the series, and the manga is even better! Has many more arcs than its anime counterpart though, but it is complete. There is blood of course but no heavily graphic gore. (So if you're looking for Saw-level blood and guts content this isn't for you)

I wouldn't recommend Soul Eater Not though, since it's a prequel that gives more fanservice than plot. The art style is considerably different and more "moe" but the manga's art also looks more moe (though not this much I don't think).

Also a lot of its lore/characters/etc is based on the Halloween theme, which can probably sound good enough on its own to some! I like its Halloween aspects myself.

From the ongoing series I'd recommend Re:Zero Kara hajimeru isekai blabla if you're interested in timeleap animes! The animation is very good and the music too!

It's been a while, but here's my recommendations

One Punch Man/Mob Psycho 100.

Mashle: Magic and Muscles.

No Matter How I Look It At, It's your fault I'm not Popular.

To Your Eternity / Silent Voice (created by the same author and also adapted into anime/film)

Megalo Box (season 2 is airing, and honestly the best anime of this season. A real sleeper hit that keeps getting better and better).

Back
Top Bottom