Analysis of Angel's Egg

scriptweaver

Blue Jacket
Website
www.youtube.com
Alright, well as you all have probably noticed, my channel has been seemingly dead for about 6 months now. Well looks can be deceiving. I've spent all this time putting together my newest video which is an analysis of the 1985 cult-classical anime, Angel's Egg. This film was made by Mamoru Oshii, the man behind Ghost in the Shell. For those of you who saw my review of Angel's Egg, you knew this was coming.

This video will delve into the theological symbolism found throughout Angel's Egg and how it relates to Mamoru Oshii. I hope you guys enjoy it. 

[video=youtube]

Feel free to leave a comment, like, or even subscribe if you haven't already.

Mamoru Oshii sounds familiar. Wasn't he one of the directors of the original, Ghost in the Shell animated movie?

Every interesting analysis of the animated film. Never heard of it before, but now I'm curious of checking this out. I supposed that Oshii didn't want to place his thoughts into fans' interpretation of the film to be swayed. However, if the creator ultimately had no idea, then I think that's pretty amazing feat lol.

Is Angel Egg more mind screw than NGE in your opinion? :maybe:

ShineCero said:
Mamoru Oshii sounds familiar. Wasn't he one of the directors of the original, Ghost in the Shell animated movie?

Every interesting analysis of the animated film. Never heard of it before, but now I'm curious of checking this out. I supposed that Oshii didn't want to place his thoughts into fans' interpretation of the film to be swayed. However, if the creator ultimately had no idea, then I think that's pretty amazing feat lol.

Is Angel Egg more mind screw than NGE in your opinion? :maybe:

You are correct, he was the Director of the 1995 film Ghost in the Shell. 

Hm, to answer your second question...I'd say it's much more abstract than NGE in my opinion. At least with NGE, if you pay attention to dialogue and lore, than you can guesstimate an interpretation of the infamous ending. With Angel's Egg on the other hand, most people's best guess is its a oddball reinterpretation of the Noah's ark story. Angel's Egg doesn't give you nearly as much rope as NGE does. That doesn't really answer your question, but it's the best answer I can give lol

Back
Top Bottom