What Grinds Your Gears?

When people double down the moment they get caught in their racism. As I always say, "When in doubt, double down."

People are off the deep end. I found out from my housekeeper yesterday morning that the package sent by one of my cat's social media friends has arrived at the post office and my aunt shows the fear of COVID by not letting me go to the post office to pick up the package even though our province is under modified general community quarantine. This is what our society has become. I receive gifts from my cat's friends and prizes I won from the online pet events I attended. We all get mail daily and it's touched by many people before it ends up in our postal boxes. We get shipments from Shopee, Lazada, and more. Many people touch it. Are we this paranoid? I told my family about the pet stuff and they told me "We don't want anything unnecessary in our home at this time" - implying that I was sending them COVID like IED (improvised explosive device) or something. Yet they get shipments from online ordering resources and they'd tell everyone else about those things. It's insulting - insinuating that some people are sickly - for instance, that I'm a plague infested person not to be trusted. If the package is not received by tomorrow it might be returned to sender and given to charities. Memo to people who are at this level of severe paranoia: Seriously, talk to a therapist.

Spoilered for a long rant since I've been on edge lately. Sorry, guys.

So, they can accept packages, but as soon as you get it, they have an issue with it? Sounds like its less about COVID, and more about targeting you. Do you still live with them? 

====

My eldest sister always double downs and argue whenever you tell her to do a simple ass job. Acting like she can't be bothered, and will absolutely talk like a broken record over and over again. And when you had enough, she cries like a weak ass motherfucker.

ShineCero said:
So, they can accept packages, but as soon as you get it, they have an issue with it? Sounds like its less about COVID, and more about targeting you. Do you still live with them? 

====
My workplace is shut down for about seven months and I'm hoping to stay in the Philippines once my aunt and my cousins move to the other country.

I've gotten accosted by someone on Facebook because I stated that I'm fine with a person moving to the other country as long as s/he doesn't force others to. I was called a "heathen." A survivor of the October 19, 2007 explosion and the super typhoon that flooded my house and I was called a "heathen."

Damn, I'm praying for your good health and hope things will come to you. 

========

When your laptop loses internet connection for no reason  :sigh:

*double posting*

She was my friend, why did she pick Jordan over me? - Amber

*proceeds to be a complete fucking disaster in dinner service and most likely screwed Mary-Lou's chances on winning*

HMMM I WONDER WHY, Amber?!

When you have to bring more of your personal identification to a orientation for a job and the person giving the orientation acts like she doesn't care!

Misua Cat said:
Just found out that my Maltipoo puppy is diagnosed with parvovirus today. He's now on antibiotics and dextrose and I gotta keep my cat from him.

I pray for your puppy's recovery. Hopes everything goes well.

======

When you try your absolute best to speak clearly due to speech problems, only for them to be all "Huh? You know muffled" and makes a joke about it too. Ouch. There's goes my confidence. I'mma hold off talking to folks for a while... lol

That awful William Lewis Arc from Law and Order SVU that comes on. My god, I always skip it due to how ridiculous it was. Just bad, bad bad.

ShineCero said:
Misua Cat said:
Just found out that my Maltipoo puppy is diagnosed with parvovirus today. He's now on antibiotics and dextrose and I gotta keep my cat from him.

I pray for your puppy's recovery. Hopes everything goes well.
Thank you. My puppy made a full recovery and went back to his naughty self since.

=====

I was threatened by Facebook over the post I shared regarding the whole West Philippine Sea thing.

=====

Update: I'm being threatened by Facebook AGAIN over the post reflecting what's happening to my country for about a year. I keep reporting the problems to them - they keep threatening me. I wish Facebook would stop it - it's bullying people and turning evil.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210409-061751_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210409-061751_Chrome.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 1
One of the things, I’ve seen as of late, and this is a reflection on myself, is how discourse regarding any story in a fandom is reduced to quips and buzzwords. I’ve seen so many thoughts of the matter that are simply lay out as “well, this story is bad because it has bad writing”, which fundamentally does not tell anyone anything. It has no metric, no substance, and factually gives no room for anyone to have a decent conversation to build upon. Give more about your opinion on a work without saying “bad writing, lazy, rush, etc.” because that doesn’t explain anything, and clearly, plenty of those things are simply untrue (lazy/rush) or offers no substance to your comment (bad writing).

Another thing that grinds my gears is how people cannot say a single good thing on a product without someone bone rushing them from all sides and be all “HUH!? YOU LIKE THIS!? YOU DON’T ACKNOWLEDGES THESE FLAWS? YOU BOOT LICKER.”

Yes. Every product will have flaws—no flaws are perfect. Just because someone likes something does not mean they viewed things in absolute perfection. My favorite game is Drakengard, and trust me, the gameplay in the first one was not up to spar without entries in the same genre. But there are other elements that they did absolute fine that despite the gameplay lacking in some areas, it’s not enough for me to deter it entirely. Or another example, how Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are good games, even if Lucas is in it :joy:

It just goes without saying, but people are so contended of breaking down people’s interests that it’s a shame.

I hate how finicky nail polish can be with me sometimes. I read endless articles and follow them to a T but I'll still get air bubbles or tackiness longer than 24 hours... or I'll use base coat that works with one polish just fine but leave another type of polish stickier than if I just did polish without a base.

Like this new polish I got dries and settles in exactly 5-10 minutes without tackiness despite applying it in a thicker layer than a different brand I have that requires anywhere between 1 to 3 streaky-thin coats. But if I use base coat, the new polish just doesn't set at all.
I also hate getting cotton bud lint stuck in the corners of my nails and me not seeing until I apply polish. It just makes me waste so much product having to do new coats from scratch!

My phone randomly chooses to start misbehaving and lagging slower than a turtle when i use it. I have a lot of free space left but it acts like something is consuming all the RAM. 

Also sometimes the youtube app shits the bed for no reason. It shouldnt bother me but it makes me so mad!

Back
Top Bottom