Into the Whirlpool [Planning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoopyPanda

Black Jacket
Website
babyufo.tumblr.com
[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It's a nod to the Pirates genre, but with a bit more fantasy sprinkled in. With the time period it's in, I'm going to add more fantasy beings/elements to make it more interesting!!![/font]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Genre(s):[/font][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Pirates, Adventure, Fantasy[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Protagonist Ship: [/font][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Bloody Mermaid[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Crew name: To be determined[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Premise:[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]A Promised Land called Deadman's Grotto has been the center of interest for Pirates around the globe. It has been fabled to be in the center of the Caribbean Sea where mermaids swim and mythical sea serpents reside among caves crammed with gems. A cave nestles the motherload of gold and riches any materialistic pirate would kill to possess. Hundreds of pirate ships have set sail only to return with starved men and consumed supplies or return mysteriously unmanned & adrift. Worst case scenario, they appear in the form of Ghost ship sightings.[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Crime amongst civilians and rogue pirates have gone on the rise. As a result, the Dragon Eye Guild was founded to keep the seas and shores safe by arresting pirates maddened by greed.[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The cast:[/font][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif] A band of pirates joined by strange circumstances unite under the brand of The Bloody Mermaid, setting out to sail further than any ship has gone. They will face emotional and physical hardships that will challenge their will to keep sailing. [/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I already have a few arcs planned out. I just need some of you EGGS to join it.[/font][/size]

[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You can play as any of the three:[/font]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Protagonist pirate (Though you don't have to be a goody goody. I mean... with a name of their ship they already have questionable circumstances. XD)[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Antagonist pirate (future arc)[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Dragon Eye Member (they can use swords and limited forms of magic)[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Villager (with any job: Fortune-teller, Fruit seller, merchant, etc)[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Sea Monster/Serpent[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You don't necessarily have to be a pirate to be on a crew, civilians are welcome to be aboard![/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I may or may not put a character minimum. Depends on how many are interested.[/font][/size]

[size=xx-large][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Feel free to toss some ideas around with me! Which I'll ask for soon enough).[/font][/size]

[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]And check out this cool [/font][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Pirate's glossary[/font][font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif] if you want to do some casual pirate speak![/font]

[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The pirates will be able to use guns, swords, and have access to certain items and potions that weaken the strength of magic.[/font]

[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Those of the Dragon Eye Guild are comprised of magicians and swordsmen with pistols as a side arm. Magicians are limited to creating relatively temporary shields and blasts of concentrated energy. [/font]

[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Items weakening magic:[/font]
[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Clear Mist Jar: throwing this jar will cause it to break and weaken the effects of magic for a short period of time. Prevents use of Hexes.[/font]
[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Crushed Ambrosia: Once consumed, it increases physical resistance to tank magic attacks. Does not protect against Hexes. Also strengthens the user, but too much consumed at once leads to the Sea Madness.[/font]
[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Holy Water: neutralizes black magic. But is scarce.[/font]

PLANNED STORYLINES
-Jailbreak Arc
-Lightning of Hades
-Forlorn
-Bloody Whirlpools

Once I figure out a proper system for the template, the registration will be put up.

Anyone on the crew is considered by everyone else to be pirates, so whether their true occupation is SWASHBUCKLIN PIRATES or not, you'll still be called one in game. Guilty by association. :p

Crew members don't necessarily need to be fully human either, but this option is solely for the Crew for now. Nonhumans allowed include:
~Mermaids/Merpeople (more details later)
~Sea Sprites/Nymphs (serving as guides of the sea or protection in exchange for something you will offer them)

Demons won't be allowed. If you want to register a different nonhuman, PLEASE PM ME! Rule of thumb is that I'll be likelier to consider if it's nautical legend-based.

Since Nick provides the 'enchanter', there won't be a need for any more of that class for now. 

Dragon Eye Guild is strictly humans (including humans possessing magical power). This will help balance the 2 classes out. A problem in the old one was the huge power advantage that Pirates had difficulty circumventing.

All pirates will start with one or 2 weapons max, so choose wisely by then.

Hi all, figured I would provide an update to the RP: 

Yes, I take quite a while to post and continue the game. It's currently the lowest priority RP I have right now since I'm currently an active participant in Boogaverse and undertaking a Science Fiction RPG that is my highest priority after my creative writing. I've also been in school once I came back from vacay the past month. Naturally, my muse for it has run low over time. I'm still willing to continue it, I just need to keep going really.

If there is continuing player interest, I may choose to update/reboot the mythos i have going for the game. Otherwise, I will consider the RP closed after the current plotline is done. I'm up for any suggestions that anyone would think would make the RP more interesting than it currently is. Just post your opinions in this thread, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom