What's new

Welcome to Cosmic City Crews!

Beyond Creativity

Things that annoyed you in anime

LoopyPanda

Black Jacket
I really can't stand when characters pretty much explain what's happening as if the audience is too stupid to understand what's going on as it happens. I guess it's okay for shows based off a game where kids wouldn't understand it too much if they didn't actually play it themselves but that's the one exception to that particular annoyance.

BrightSeranade

Blue Jacket
Anime perverts that label girls as a piece of meat,or anime girls that jump over the boys when they like another,Anime's that get a good start but turn into the dead zone later on and end up sucking in the sequels to them.

Appelsider

Green Jacket
I hate it when half of the episode seems to be a recap. (Looking at u Toei animes)

Nick

Green Jacket
When an episode is cut in half, forcing you to wait another week to see it conclusion, though that is a bit more common than just anime isnt it...

ShineCero

Administrator
Staff member
When animes disregard the premise of the story that was actually interesting, into some complicated bullshit or an harem.

~ Z ~

Black Jacket
I hate it when an anime tries so hard to over analyze a simple premise.

For example: An evil dude kills a guy.

"Oh, he's not truly evil, he's completely misunderstood..."

ShineCero

Administrator
Staff member
When a character starts drinking regular water and goes all

"FWUUUUUUAH" *slams cup on desk* "That was fucking delicious!" 

Drives me nuts.

Nick

Green Jacket
When you have a character who doesn't show any interest in a relationship with the other characters, but it is then used as an easy writing tool for cheap sexual tension... I don't love super romantic shows, but I don't like shows that completely omit it from a characters' personality.

ShineCero

Administrator
Staff member
When a show blows their entire load of "shock factor" in the first episode that whatever happens in the next 12 episodes, nothing would top it. Mahuo Shojo Site is the example I'm thinking about right now.

Nick

Green Jacket
When one of the 'sucked into a game' anime pops up but never mentions it ever again, like its some cheap marketing gag at this point

Top Bottom