Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
[align=center][video=youtube]

As Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was released and became a success (with no one being surprised), they are the last games of the 3DS. Now, Pokemon is heading off to the Nintendo Switch. There have been a lot of speculations and rumors surrounding this game, with several new sites (note, no proof yet) that the newest games will shake the foundation of Pokemon. What are your thoughts? What do you want? State your thoughts.

I. Cannot. Wait. To. See. This. New. Game.

I'm so excited! A new CORE Pokemon game for the Switch. I wonder what it will be like or what region it will be in. I am obviously more curious about which region it might be in (I'm betting Spain or Britain) and I am even more excited about what kind of new Pokemon we will see. I would personally love to see a flamingo Pokemon or a dolphin. Other than that I am literally at the edge of my seat waiting for when the news goes down on us.

Man, I just want my Gen 4 remakes already. I'm not gettin' any younger!!!!
At this rate, I'm gonna end up a 3,000 year old hobo like AZ and eventually forget how to even play Pokemon!

Sure, new Pokemon/regions would be cool but... I'm getting a lil impatient waiting for Sinnoh remakes  :thinking:  Idk I'm not as excited as I should be, probably because I don't have much time for playing videogames anymore, so the Sun/Moon series is still "new" to me compared to other people who are already apparently starving for new Pokemon content despite it not even being 6 months since Ultra Sun was released, the internet's been latching to blatantly fake leaks like leeches

Ask me again when E3 rolls around, I'll probably have a different opinion by then heehee

Yeah. We had about two starter leaks that appeared in a span of two months and both of them were fakes. Although to be fair, the latest fake starters were quite convincing since they incorporate Ash into the character sheets. Just as with the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon scenario, people hype themselves so much that they are blindsided by their own headcanons and assumptions that when the actual things releases, they go on twitter and starts throwing a fit. Unironically, people actually thought USUM was going to flop: yet managed to become the second best selling expanded versions to date.

Anyways, with that said and done, I'm curious about what regions they would tackle. It could be Spain due to Ash's attire is really similar to that of the Spanish flag. 

I want to be more Pokemon rather than the typical 80+ and such. I suspected that the 3DS was vastly underpowered to even handle the game properly, so I'm hoping the Switch is powerful enough for the console.

As with each generation, Game Freak always add something new to bring old Pokemon into the spotlight. Hidden Abilities, Egg Moves, Megas, Z-Moves, etc.; what other gimmicks will come out for this one? And I wonder what will be a new evolutionary method?

I supposed that we're going to get a new Eevee evolution as well.  :thinking:

LoopyPanda said:
We better get a Dragon Eeveelution B| XD

or a cute cloudy flying type Eeveelution.

Definitely! I definitely want a Fighting-Type or Ghost-Type. Hopefully Game Freak will introduce two of them, instead of one, this time around.

I can't wait till more info gets released about the new game! Hopefully in the upcoming e3 thingy!
Even the thought that they might implement you swinging the joystick to throw a pokeball would be so amazing.. it'll be such a missed opportunity if they dont. xD

Apparently, according to Serebii, there are two titles registered by Nintendo, called "Let's Go Pikachu" and "Let's Go Eevee". I wonder if that's another spin off game coming to the Switch? :thinking: They are unconfirmed 

Following the alleged leaks yesterday, the website domains for Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee got registered by a company that has, in the past, been used by Nintendo to register domains, such as when Pokémon Sun & Moon were revealed in February 2016. At present, this doesn't further confirm these names as the game titles but does add more credence to it. We'll provide more details as they come so be sure to keep checking back.

Source

What do you guys think? @"Ploep" @"LoopyPanda"  @"Freak"

Hmm, maybe not another form for Pikachu (except for, I guess the 21st Movie Hat Pikachu). Maybe it's a tied in mobile game for the upcoming Pokemon movie? Since it features a Eeeve heavily in that film.

[align=center][video=youtube]

The Nintendo Switch games have finally been announced. These games a Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Pokémon Let's GO Eevee and are set in the original Kanto Region in the first new release in the region since 2009's HeartGold & SoulSilver. These games feature co-op locally as well as a new device like a Poké Ball called the Poké Ball Plus that lets you take your Pokémon around with you in Pokémon GO. You can also send your Pokémon from GO to Pokémon GO Park to get them in Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu & Eevee. It is out November 16tth

-----

Pokemon Generation 8

Nintendo have also revealed that more core series games are coming. These games are due for release in 2019 on the Nintendo Switch are currently without names but the promise of their existence is the only thing known.

------

Notes: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are core games, but they are "core" in the sense as Persona is to SMT. It is not Generation 8 games. 

Also, it is confirmed that a New Pokemon, never seen before, will be showing up soon. Keep an eye out for it! You can discuss Let's Go series in this thread, since it's part of the Pokemon Switch.

-------

Pokémon Twitter: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! are based on Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition, which first launched in Japan in 1998!

I think this is a great game to add on to the franchise, especially to people who do not live in PokeStop-rich areas in Pokemon Go. It's essentially a Pokemon Yellow Remake, so to speak. Perhaps there might be one for each 3rd generation but directed to Pokemon Go instead? Whatever GameFreak is planning, it looks very interesting. The fact that you can ride even more Pokemon and have them follow you around makes things more interesting for the next Generation of Pokemon.

Like Shine said, I believe this is SMT/Persona type of relationship or it could just be another dimension/alternate universe considering that Pokemon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon touch heavily on that concept. As of now, we just have to wait to see if any more info is thrown our way.

ON A SIDE NOTE, I AM SUPER FUCKING HYPED. I CRIED WHEN I SAW THIS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I WANTED SINCE MY CHILDHOOD. 

I would vouch that Pokemon Let's Go Series is basically a way to introduce the Go Players the RPG aspects of the game, so that when the Core Games (Generation 8) comes out, they will be more willingly to buy it due to be exposed to that type of environment.

--------

From Serebii:

The Nintendo Switch games have finally been announced. These games a Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee and are set in the original Kanto Region as a remake of Pokémon Yellow in the first new release in the region since 2009's HeartGold & SoulSilver. These games feature co-op locally as well as a new device like a Poké Ball called the Poké Ball Plus that lets you take your Pokémon around with you in Pokémon GO and be used as a GO Plus. You can also send your Pokémon from GO to Pokémon GO Park to get them in Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu & Eevee. They can be played with just one Joy-Con and capture is done by flicking the Joy-Con like Pokémon GO. Both the trainer and your partner Pikachu & Eevee can be customised. It is out November 16th
Edit @ 03:10: It's confirmed that the game only features the first 151 Pokémon + some Alolan Pokémon. It's also confirmed that there are no wild Pokémon battles, just the capture
Edit @ 03:13: It will also contain a Pokémon that has never been seen before. This is the Pokémon referenced in the trailer and sent to Pokémon GO
Edit @ 03:19: We've added Pre-Release Screenshots
Edit @ 03:38: Updated our Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee section with preliminary pages on Capture Mechanics & 2 Player Co-Operative Play
Edit @ 04:36: It was previously reported from the Q&A at the conference that the game would lack online play. This turned out to be a mistranslation from the journalist in question
Edit @ 04:44: The controls for catching Pokémon in handheld mode will have you moving the console using the gyro with no touch control

I'm not interested in this game, but I'm willing to wait until E3 or a newer trailer that shows more content before I judge it too harshly. I currently do not own a Switch, since I'm waiting until there's more than a tiny handful of games I'd like to play on it before purchasing one (or at least until they give me a cute animal crossing console themed bundle), so I'm not entirely keen on shelling out the money just for 1 or 2 games. Personally, I'm more interested in a Sinnoh remaster or the next mainline game, but at least one of these are confirmed for 2019 (hopefully I don't have to wait until 2024 for a Sinnoh remake :cry:)

On the flipside, I can see the intent they were going with this. A lot of people have been introduced to Pokemon through PokemonGo, and are likely most comfortable and familiar with the Kanto pokemon as opposed to newer generations that haven't been added to the app yet. It only makes sense to hook newbies in to the console games by bringing in an updated Kanto region for them to go through. No pressure to learn new mechanics or feel forced to catch 900+ pokemon OR feel lost in a big old swirl of scattered references to the different games in SM. Just a good ol' time with new toys to try out + some new stuff we might expect to show up in the next mainline installment. And NO competitive/meta bullshit to worry about! Sounds like the perfect thing for casual people who got into Pokemon via PoGo.

Now, if they make a Cooking Mama Pokemon food game on the Switch... you're speaking my language  :Interesting:

There is a lot of confusion regarding the status of the Let’s Go games. It is undoubtable that it is essentially Pokémon Go on the Switch, while having a familiarity of traditional Pokémon games (it was confirmed to be a remake/re-imagine of Pokémon Yellow Special Edition), some people are questioning its status as being part of the “core”.

A few things to know before knowing the full intent and purposes of Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee (and Pokémon Quest): This is the first time Game Freak has developed a Pokémon game outside of the core series. 

“What is a Core game”? 

In Japanese, the core series is always refer as Pocket Monsters Series (ポケットモンスターシリーズ), while side series and spin-off games use abbreviation of “Pokémon” in the title instead.

According to this Pokémon conference (you can watch the video here), Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of Pokemon Company states that Let's Go games as as main games and spin-offs.

People are putting too much emphasis of it being core as a way that it's suddenly, suddenly somehow creates a new direction for the franchise, despite the fact that it's simply their own series.

Joe Merrick said:
"Pokémon Let's Go represents a decent gateway into the Pokémon main games for GO players and inexperienced players. It may not be for the hardcore of us."

4chan User said:
>You’re mad because Game Freak was a cock tease and we all thought we would be getting our real game yesterday but we got a side project

No, most people were prepared for something FAR worse.

Based on the leaks, we had every reason to expect that if Let's Go was real, that it WAS the "New Mainline Pokemon Game" that Gamefreak announced at E3 last year, and that the nature of Lets Go would reflect the future of the series.

We now know that even though Lets Go was real, this isn't even the case, and the casual interpretation of the Pokemon RPG formula is something akin to Four Swords/Tri-Force Heroes in relation to the normal Zelda games.

But no, instead of being relieved, they're ass-mad because Let's Go forces insecure social rejects to be reminded that Pokemon isn't a cool kids club for hardcore competitive players and that they're small children and casual players who also have Game Freak's attention, and this outrages them because they aren't important or special enough to join any actual clubs or groups, so they feel like their safe space that made them feel special about themselves is being violated."

tl;dr Let's Go series is in a unqiue sittuation. It has a characteristic of a spin-off, but considering that it will most likely have some connectivity to Generation 8 games in the future (Let's Go being a gateway for Go on Mobile Devices); Let's Go is to Pokemon is what Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey is to Shin Megami Tensei. It's not "core" in the truest sense of the word, but part of the mainline and not a spin off. It's essentially another "core series" that might developed it's own line in the future, depending on its success. And yes, Let's Go games is part of Generation 7.

We're still getting Generation 8 games, announced to slated release next year.

===========

With that out of the way, there was a horde of misinformation, mainly by people who were ass-mad about the games in the first place (newsflash folks, Pokemon is and always will be a e causal kids game. Always has been since it's creation and will continue to do so), about Let's Go right here. Yes, there is online, yes you cannot evolve Pikachu and Eevee (your starters... it's like it's referencing the Yellow version for some reason....!), although you can just catch another Pikachu and Eevee in the wild and evolved them.

Yup yup as far as I know, they made this game to be an easy entry lvl for the Switch.. which better game to use for that than the first original game with some new tweaks! 
Thats nice for the new PokeGo players and for the old fans  who feel nostalgic playing Pokemon Yellow again, but updated and on the fresh new Nintendo Console!

I mean, any person who is mad at GameFreak for making a 'core' Pokemon game that isn't GEN 8 is taking this kid's game too seriously. Basically, they don't want those 'filthy casual PoGo players in my game!!!!!!! Pokemon is only a true fan's game!!!!'. It's absolutely ridiculous and I think if you're going to make fun of someone just because they don't play the 'real Pokemon games' you need to seek help.

As for the information available about the game, I think that GameFreak is going the right thing by having the PoGo players be introduced to the 'core' games and have the other Pokemon fans experience Pokemon Go on the Switch. This is also a nice way for people who don't live in a clustered area/cities to experience the fun of Pokemon Go on the switch.

On a final note, like I said before: If this is what Let's Go looks like on the Switch, I can only imagine what Gen 8 is going to look like.

Agreed with both of you; I'm just afraid that we're going to see another point of pointless brickering when it comes out that Generation 8 Pokemon game is *gasp*, another Pokemon game.

But with that out of the way, we got some news Generation 8:

Speaking to Japanese publication Famitsu, which has a massive 20 page feature on Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu, Let's Go Eevee and Quest, features an interview with The Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara who provided a few minor tidbits about the upcoming Pokémon game for Nintendo Switch due out in 2019. He reconfirmed that this game is due for release in the second half of 2019, will have better graphics than any prior Pokémon game, that it'll be completely new aimed at experienced fans, not like Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee and states that it will contain many brand new Pokémon.

So the game is slated for release in the second half of 2019 (I assume it will be the typical Oct/November release date). I'm definitely curious of what kind of Pokemon we'll be seeing this time around.

Maybe we'll finally get a Flamingo Pokemon! 

What do you guys think? @"Ploep" @"LoopyPanda"

Sounds promising! I am curious as how the game will look graphically since they said it'll look different from the Lets Go series.. somehow im having difficulty imagining it.
As for the new game I have 0 expectations so Ima just sit back and enjoy the ride xD

I have a feeling that it would probably look similar to that of Pokken in terms of graphical improvements, so who knows? 

There are people that think that they will do a sneak peak of Generation 8 in E3 2018, but I have my doubts... we're definitely going to see tons of coverage of Let's Go though.

Back
Top Bottom