Must-Watch Flicks for a Spooky October

LoopyPanda

Black Jacket
Website
babyufo.tumblr.com
Must-Watch Flicks for a Spooky October

Halloween is right around the corner, and what better way to welcome All Hallow's Eve with a comprehensive list of movies to watch that can get you into the spooky spirit? Most of these titles are available on Netflix (if not, you can always try Youtube reposts!). TV shows with a spooky feel to it are also included. This list includes fantasy and horror movies alike. Hopefully there's something for everyone to watch! (The ones in Purple are my personal favorites!) 

First, we'll list off the classic "HALLOWEENY" Films (most of these are Rated R...)
Some of these are new additions from remakes and the like as well as the classics.
GHOSTBUSTERS (the OG movie. :C: )
Tales from the Crypt (1972)
Carrie (1976 & 2013) 
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) 
Halloween (1978)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
Dawn of The Dead (1978 & 2004)
Friday the 13th
Pet Sematary (1989)
The Shining (1980) 
Hellraiser (1987) 
IT (1990 and 2017) 
Scream (1996) 
Happy Death Day (2017)
Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
SAW (2004-2011)
The Blair Witch Project (1999)
Marble Hornets Series
Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Split (2016)
The Sixth Sense
The Evil Dead
Resident Evil Series
The Chucky Doll series
The Thing
The Exorcist
The Conjuring
Get Out (?)
The Ring
Final Destination Series (it's gory, so why not?)

I'm sure some of these are cheesy/hilariously bad, but that's what halloween's about. deal with it

Animated Films
The Nightmare before Christmas (1993)
Scary Godmother: Halloween Spooktacular (2003) & Scary Godmother 2: The Revenge of Jimmy (2005)
Corpse Bride (2005)
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
Monster House (2006)
Coraline (2009)
Frankenweenie (2012)
Paranorman (2012)
Non-Cartoon Family Movies & Shows (Nostalgia Block)
HARRY POTTER
Hocus Pocus (1993)
Halloweentown Series (movies)
Beetlejuice (1988) TV & Movie
Goosebumps (TV Show/Movies)
Are You Afraid of the Dark? (1990) TV
Tales from the Crypt (1989) TV
The Addams Family (Movie)
Casper (1995) Movie
Twitches [1 and 2] (2005) Movies
Probably any of the classic Scooby shows from the 60s-90s.
Cartoons (TV Shows & Specials)
Grim and Evil/Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (Show)​
  • Halloween Special: Billy & Mandy's Jacked-up Halloween [S2 E10]
Ed Edd and Eddy Special: Ed, Edd n' Eddy's Boo Haw Haw
Scooby Doo Movies:
  • Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers (1987)
  • Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf (1988)
  • Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School (1988)
  • Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island (1998)
  • Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost (1999)
  • Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders (2000)
Beetlejuice (cartoon)

I'm sure I've left out plenty, so if you feel there's a title someone's GOT to watch for Halloween, post it!

:son: Where is Courage the Cowardly Dog and Flapjack?

Also, this

[align=center][video=youtube]

Since Mable Hornets is long and confusing I recommend Always Watching: A Mable Hornets Story a condensed adaptation that serves as I suppose an alternate universe plot or "background lore" featuring other characters and their battles against the Operator. Whose reffered to as "The Slenderman." It's decent, though I don't think many liked it.

I don't recommend the Final Destiation movies, too campy and ridiculous. Though I guess that's the point for something made to please everyone since Guantanamo Bay is still off limits. :)

1/2 the stuff on this list has writing cheesier than the FD series but Halloween fans like the classics for the goofy horror rather than any intricate storyline behind it. 

This list would be much shorter if I cut out all the movies with cheesy bad writing. :p

Hm, Night of the Living Dead is one I tend to break out a lot of years. The last couple of years I've been watching a lot of the old Hammer Dracula films where Christopher Lee played the count, some of which are decent. I like to go for at least 1 Universal movie from like the 30s and 40s as a mut for Halloween viewing.

I just saw Halloweentown on the list. What is your guys' favorite film out of the four? I considered the first one to be the best of the bunch. Didn't care for the others and especially didn't care for the fourth installment.

The first one! Haven't seen Halloween II in a long time. III is weird since it has nothing to do with the rest of the series, I actually liked IV a lot and thought it sucked they didn't follow up on that end much if at all since that last scene was something!

Really? @"JamesYTP" 

I vaguely remember anything from the fourth Halloweentown film, other than that I didn't like the fact that they changed the main girl. Was it at least better than the third one? xD

I'd say so, kinda hard to compare them since III really should've been it's own thing. Getting rid of Laurie wasn't the most popular decision but I liked what they did with her daughter.

Back
Top Bottom